Mass Market Precise Positioning
In an era of emerging space technology and advanced robotics, there is a practical need for accurate, affordable, robust, secure, and flexible streaming and collection of Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) signals and data. We offer a robust software-defined radio (SDR) to the market that can provide end-users with precise heading and positioning that is used for positioning, navigation, and timing (PNT). There are a host of industries that this technology is vital to, including defense, aerospace, ground vehicles, advanced robotics, as well as other emerging technologies that utilize GNSS such as wearable tech and micro-mobility (e-bikes and e-scooters). We strive to provide centimeter-accurate real-time positioning to ensure globally available, high-integrity positioning at a fraction of the cost. To accomplish this, we have developed a hardware platform, called a Radio Frequency (RF) front-end, that serves to support our GRID software-defined processing suite, and addresses all current challenges in the GNSS market with features of…
- Robustness: We counter challenging urban multipath environments by exploiting triple-frequency signal processing techniques. This enables high performance and accuracy in urban environments where building interference can contribute to GNSS position errors. This is important to autonomous ground vehicles (cars) that need a reliable, high-fidelity sensor to provide positioning information to evade pedestrians and obstacles.
- Flexibility: The advantages of SDR are twofold. First, the receiver can be easily updated by the end-user during its operational life and second, it becomes an efficient tool to prototype signal processing algorithms. This flexibility provides the receiver with adaptive capabilities that can be shaped to fit the user’s needs, which is important in mass-market applications.
- Accuracy: We strive to keep improving our precise positioning techniques to ensure that reliable centimeter-level accuracy is achieved. We utilize a high-fidelity carrier-phase differential GNSS (CDGNSS) technique, a real-time kinematic (RTK) positioning engine, to capture this precision.
- Affordability: Current market solutions that offer robust and precise positioning are quite expensive. We design high-performance devices that are cost-effective for mass-market applications. We address all key customer buying criteria: precise, robust, secure, low-cost, and flexible.
- Security: We implement advanced signal situational awareness and anti-spoofing technology that provides robust defense mechanisms against GNSS spoofing. These advanced interference mitigation techniques become increasingly important as automated ground and air vehicles are deployed in urban areas.